Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Strange Magic

Sookie Stackhouse 8-copy Boxed Set (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood)
I was just out walking Walter when ELO's Strange Magic came on the ipod.  I love that song.  It seemed so appropriate because New York really is magical this time of year.  The air is cool and crisp.  The golden light on the brick buildings is spellbinding.  The leaves are turning, and there's that back to school excitement in the air.  I'm having one of those days where the possibilities seem endless and I can't contain my excitement about life.  Maybe the full moon has something to do with it.

Whenever I think about a full moon, I think of werewolves, which makes me think of shifters, which makes me think of vampires, which makes me think of True Blood.  Don't even try to pretend you don't like that show.  I'm sick that the season is already over.  I'm more than a little obsessed with Eric.  He can sink his Nordic fangs into my flesh any time he likes. Damn.

Anyway, did you know that the show is actually based on a book series?  I had no idea.  Recently my friend Kendra sheepishly admitted to me that she'd been reading the books and couldn't put them down.  Guess who raced home and ordered them as fast as her little fingers could hit the purchase button?  Can we just talk about guilty pleasure?  What a treat.  And you can't just order the first one or two books.  It won't be enough.  Trust me.  Just go ahead and buy the whole box set (Sookie Stackhouse 8-copy Boxed Set (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood).  You'll thank me.

No comments:

Post a Comment