Saturday, September 18, 2010

Mo Reading

Today I Will Fly! (An Elephant and Piggie Book)Elephants Cannot Dance! (An Elephant and Piggie Book)Can I Play Too? (An Elephant and Piggie Book)There Is a Bird On Your Head! (An Elephant and Piggie Book)I Am Going! (An Elephant and Piggie Book)I Broke My Trunk! (An Elephant and Piggie Book)Pigs Make Me Sneeze! (An Elephant and Piggie Book)We Are in a Book! (An Elephant and Piggie Book)I Am Invited to a Party! (An Elephant and Piggie Book)Are You Ready to Play Outside? (An Elephant and Piggie Book)I Will Surprise My Friend! (An Elephant and Piggie Book)My Friend is Sad (An Elephant and Piggie Book)I Love My New Toy! (An Elephant and Piggie Book)Watch Me Throw the Ball! (An Elephant and Piggie Book)Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale (Bccb Blue Ribbon Picture Book Awards (Awards))Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late!The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog!The Pigeon Has Feelings, Too!


My daughter is five and she's recently taken an interest in learning how to read.  The second she gave me the green light, I, of course, flew into a frenzy and bought every beginning to read book I could lay my hands on.  Many of them were duds, but we picked a few clear winners and I have to recommend them here.  Mo Willems' 'Elephant and Piggie' series is our hands down favorite.  They're easy to read.  He uses simple words, lots of repetition, great illustrations and they're funny.  We laugh our heads off every time we read them.  I'm waiting with bated breath for each new book to come out.

And that's not all.  We love his picture books as well.  We read Knuffle Bunny every night for an entire year.  We've read all of the Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! books at least a million times.  They're falling apart.  When it comes to children's books, we pretty much think that Mo is the man.  And he lives right here in Brooklyn, too.  Ha!  I'd like to shake his hand.  You go, Mo.





No comments:

Post a Comment