Wednesday, October 6, 2010

For the Love of Lu

Don't you love it when you're out walking your dog and a song comes on your ipod that somehow perfectly matches your dog's personality?  Today it was Blister In The Sun.  Walter's beastly stride also pairs beautifully with Jump In the LineWhen I Come Around and Ace of Spades.  Don't ask me why, but these just seem to be outstanding theme songs for him.  Every time they come on when we're out walking I get a little hysterical.

I know I talk about Walter incessantly.  It's because I absolutely adore him.  He's as naughty as they come, but I just want to squish him, I love him so much.  I can't imagine my life without him.  Today on our walk, a man on a bike passed us, stopped, then circled back to us and asked if he could take Walter's picture.  Yes, he's that cute.  

I know I sound like one of those crazy dog people, and it's true, I am.  I stop other dog owners on the street to ogle their pets and prance around the dog park like I own the place.  I don't care.  Walter may as well have sprung from my womb.  I feel like he's my child, not just my pet.  I  know, crazy lady.  Whatever.

Anyway, I've been appreciating him so much this week because my parents just lost their little pug Lulu.  She was eleven years old and died of pneumonia.  Poor little goose.  We were all crazy about her and everyone is taking it hard.  We'll miss her.  She was loved and spoiled like crazy.  She ate nothing but chicken and cheese and lived to snuggle and be admired.  What a doll.  

If you have a pug or love a pug (and really, how could you not?), check out some of my favorite pug books.  They're sweet and funny, just like Lulu.

Unlovable (Owlet Book)The Juggling PugPug's Hugs (Dr. Maggie's Phonics Readers Series; a New View, 5)


We love you Lu......

And a gratuitous picture of Waltie, in case you were curious.....



No comments:

Post a Comment