Friday, December 3, 2010

David Sedaris

Isn't he great?  I just finished Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk: A Modest Bestiary and as always, I'm terribly pleased.  Sedaris is always a safe bet for me.  I'm glad he's so prolific, otherwise I'd be worried.  He never disappoints.  I was lucky enough to hear him read the title story on NPR, and could hear his odd voice in my head as I read it for myself.  Something about Sedaris makes me want to snuggle and protect him.

This book was such a tasty little morsel.  It was like reading Aesop's Fables for grown-ups.  Each story brought laughs, creature comforts and a healthy dose of morals.  And the illustrations by Ian Falconer are fabulous.  Such a lovely little collection.  It'd make a great holiday gift.   My only complaint was that it ended too soon.  You can easily read it in one sitting.  

If you haven't read anything of Sedaris' yet, then you're in for a real treat.  Here are a few of my other favorites: NakedHolidays on IceBarrel Fever and Me Talk Pretty One Day.  Enjoy, and you're welcome.

Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk: A Modest BestiaryNakedHolidays on Ice: StoriesBarrel Fever: Stories and EssaysMe Talk Pretty One Day

No comments:

Post a Comment