Thursday, April 28, 2011

April Readers Recommend

The Color of Water
The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay
Kitchen Confidential Updated Edition: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly (P.S.)
The History of Love
Dancer: A Novel
Drown
The Invisible Circus
Starter for Ten: A Novel
Cutting for Stone
Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace . . . One School at a Time
Blood, Bones & Butter: The Inadvertent Education of a Reluctant Chef
The Satanic Verses: A Novel
Buddha's Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom
Stories I Only Tell My Friends: An Autobiography (Don't judge me.)
The Summer Without Men: A Novel
Mr. Peanut (Vintage Contemporaries)
Ten Thousand Saints: A Novel
The Cradle: A Novel

The Color of Water 10th Anniversary EditionThe Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & ClayKitchen Confidential Updated Edition: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly (P.S.)The History of LoveDancer: A NovelDrownThe Invisible CircusStarter for Ten: A NovelCutting for StoneThree Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace . . . One School at a TimeBlood, Bones & Butter: The Inadvertent Education of a Reluctant ChefThe Satanic Verses: A NovelBuddha's Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and WisdomStories I Only Tell My Friends: An AutobiographyThe Summer Without Men: A NovelMr. Peanut (Vintage Contemporaries)Ten Thousand Saints: A NovelThe Cradle: A Novel

2 comments:

  1. I got "Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay" in a work/christmas swap, and swapped it for a MOMA umbrella. Later, Nora Ephron (one of my favorite writers) said it was one of the best books she's read in years. Darcy - your thoughts on the book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't possibly love Kavalier and Clay more. It's still on my top five all time favorites list. I chased it with 'Carter Beats the Devil' by Glen David Gold. It may have been my best ever back to back book reading experience. Read them both! Do it now!

    ReplyDelete